If you’re feeling alone and are having trouble finding a Church and other believers, do not worry. You can connect up with me at these times via an online meeting room from anywhere in the world via the internet.
This is a video on how to identify false teachers:
How to identify a real Church
This is a guide for finding real believers as described in Mark 16:17-18. (Note, this verse is missing from the NIV Bible. I would personally avoid the NIV Bible.)
Mark 16:17-18 Young’s Literal Translation (YLT)
17 `And signs shall accompany those believing these things; in my name demons they shall cast out; with new tongues they shall speak;
18 serpents they shall take up; and if any deadly thing they may drink, it shall not hurt them; on the ailing they shall lay hands, and they shall be well.’
Look for the signs. They are unmistakable.
Matthew 12:25-26 King James Version (KJV)
25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
The one test you can rely upon is that real believers will be casting out demons in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Avoid Churches that do not have a healthy and functioning deliverance ministry. And by “deliverance ministry”, I mean casting devils out of people and nothing else. Do not accept these things: deep hurt and pain being healed or new frame of mind deliverance. It must be actual deliverances from devils/demons/unclean spirits.
- You will know the Church is delivering people properly when people have a physical reaction such as coughing, burping, vomiting or yawning. People will report feeling lighter, being more clear headed and depressions will disappear. People’s personalities will change immediately. You should see many, but not everyone manifest when unclean spirits depart. Examples here.
- Avoid Churches where the senior Pastor/Bishop/Elder/Teacher is a woman, unless they have a healthy functioning deliverance ministry. I have found in my experience that if a senior teacher in Church is a woman, the Church will not meet the test laid out in Mark 16:17. i.e. The Church will not be able to drive out demons effectively (this does not mean that women cannot drive out demons, they can and do). I believe it has something to do with the order of God in 1 Timothy 2:12 and 1 Cor 11:3. The Father and Jesus are God, they are one. Neither is the man greater than the woman . However, there is divine order. Jesus obeys his Father, the man looks to Jesus and the head of the woman is the man.
1 Corinthians 11:3 King James Version (KJV)
3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
- Avoid Churches that teach that God wants to bless you with wealth. If the Church teaches the breaking of financial curses or asking God to open the doors of mercy and blessing, that is okay. There is a reason why the word “prosper” only appears three times in the KJV new testament and never in the context of making you rich. God tells us to store up treasures in heaven and not to love the world nor the things of the world.
- If you cannot find a Church that has power from God, don’t worry. You can receive teaching from online sources such as Derek Prince, and you can also watch our bible study videos here.
- The living God is a God of power. Do not be enticed by man’s wisdom, which has no power. You cannot tell the difference between a congregation of believers from lukewarm Christians through the message that is preached. Discern the presence of God in a place by observing the demonstration of the power and the Spirit. See 1 Cor 2:4.
- It is important to discern the differences between true deliverances and fake ones. In my view, Benny Hinn’s deliverances are not real deliverances because I don’t see the normal indicators of deliverance taking place. I don’t see people vomiting, coughing, burping, yawning or generally released. They tend to spasm on the ground.
- Women pastors generally teach at Churches that have no power. Refer to 1 Timothy 2:12, the Apostle Paul prohibits women teachers due to the order of heaven, see 1 Cor 11:3. I have been looking for an example of a Church where it is led by a woman and the Church can also drive out demons and heal the sick. So far I haven’t found one. If you know of one, please let me know.
- Churches that preach prosperity teachings go against the word of God. God tells us not to love the world or the things of the world, so Churches that preaches materialism is not of God. See Luke 12:33-24. Examples of such Churches can be found on this site.
A real Church would have power from God to do this: